Scissors vs. Laser: Is there a Difference?
– For breastfeeding purposes, very little difference between outcomes
– Scissors are faster, however more uncomfortable than laser
– Laser more effective in removing all the tissue off the ridge in lip ties, can improve tooth spacing in these areas and reduce risk of tooth decay
– Minimal bleeding improves visualization and increases safety
– More thorough than scissors and is best way to treat posterior tongue ties effectively
– Lasers offer a precision that can’t be matched by scissors